Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Up on a Hill is Where We Begin...

People who know me understand that I quite often display extreme cases of obsessive devotion to bands and strangers people I love. Last night was a fairly good example of said deep affections taking priority over everything else. So yesterday I inadvertently came across some news that I'm sure exclusively and thoroughly wet every single Strokes fan's panties--Bassist Nikolai Fraiture from the Strokes would be interviewed on BBC 1 by the infamous (and very giddy) Strokes fanboy and host Zane Lowe. So it was on a morning show...in the UK...which meant to me that I would be staying up till the early hours waiting for this but there was just no way I was going to sleep through this- they have not put out an album in 5 years and this forthcoming album is the best kept secret so basically I was not going to be wasting my time sleeping when I could be listening to the sweet nothings of Nikolai Fraiture whispering super and exclusive secrets, nonetheless about the new album- and to me...live. Zane Lowe was so effin' excited, he started off the show with Reptilia and he was just singin' his heart out- out of all the Strokes fans his pants were probably just soaked. So essentially he said new album is in March...I cannot handle that knowledge (too much to handle/TM2H), single is picked(basically sobbing by this point) and it sounds like an album between room on fire and first impression of earth ( am definitely sobbing now) All just the best news. So if there is anyone who still cares about the Strokes out there..because you should (get over it there is never going to another is this it? it was purely zeitgest) then pull up your socks, don't brush your hair, tie your shoes apathetically, put on your leather jacket and pack a fresh pair of undapants because the boys are back in town..and that town is New York. As much as I having this growing (or returning) penchant for old fogey Canadian folk rock and harmonicas,my ears partially/mostly belong/yearn for the whispers,the screams and slovenly vocals that seem to define  the New York music scene, and what defines New York? The Strokes. So...circular?

Alas 10 years ago this song was released
I really exaggerated my fan devotion by saying I stayed up "all night" to listen because I absolutely would have still been up anyways..doing nothing

Yo, B? Don't kill me for this
(GOSSIP GURL?)
-M

1 comment:

Penny for your Thoughts

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Followers