Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Don't Think Twice, Its Alright

This space has gone untouched for a while, so I decided to ignore my priorities and give some lovin' to the the blog world. Actually, I have been ignoring work all day, deciding that today was much more suited to watching The Graduate (and just drooling looking at Mrs. Robinson's leopard-print coat.) I love the Graduate an inexpressible amount, and I have not had any Benjamin Braddock in my life for a painfully lengthy amount of time. Yep, that's my justification for it.



An artsy image of David Dustin Hoffman and Anne Bancroft from The Graduate
*I have this issue where without fail I will call him David Hoffman.
Also, I discovered recently that Anne Bancroft's real last name was Italiano. Why would one change that? (this blog is the grand revealer of  stage names)



The new Strokes song is being previewed online. It is going to be released sometime soon, and from the 30 second preview I want to love it but I wouldn't say its pulling too strongly at any heart strings. While it does have remnants of the "classic" Strokes sound, I'm just hoping this album isn't going to be some rehashed version of  Is This It? You can listen to the song here  http://www.amazon.com/Under-Cover-Of-Darkness/dp/B004MDPI9Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dmusic&qid=1297020260&sr=8-2 and I would maybe appreciate someone agreeing with me that it is perhaps a little too bouncy. I find that it sounds a tad like this song from Julian Casablancas' solo effort- the worst song too. I might even go to say I hate this song

What else to discuss? I went to go see the Black Swan again.This time I understood its perfection. So for all you Black Swan hesitaters (i know this is not a word) i encourage you to return to the theatre or whatever medium you want to watch it through and fall in love with Hershlag (Natalie Portman) but not her character. Nina is just crazyyyy.

Oh, and if you dig kinda folky "world music" (what does even mean- vaguest genre) You should watch this. This really great radio show called "Mind-folk'd" played this song the other day and its just really great.


.ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!ELAINE!






-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your Thoughts

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Followers