Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

gl'amour

 I have so many other things I should be doing right now, but I think we have done a pretty good job  establishing that this is a 'priority free' zone. So moving right along...
Is it kosher to discuss Brahms and Dynasty in the same paragraph? oh well, I am going to go there anyways, I am willing to be that person. I was being semi-productive and listening to some recordings of Brahms' Symphony no. 2, and I came across this one. Not only is it great listening, but I am in love with the aesthetics of the clip. The chandeliers, the white ornate walls, the red in the background, the quality of the video. It is just brimming with kitschy, vintage, late 70s/early 80s Soviet glamor (or what was left of it). love.

Mravinsky, with what I am assuming is the Leningrad Philharmonic
(second movement)
 I know he was not the most exciting conductor to watch, but exciting to listen to.He had amazing and subtle technical control over his orchestra, and it worked well.
(in my humble opinion).
also, great cardigan.


Of course I couldn't watch something like that without immediately planning some outfits. You know, to wear to a performance at that concert hall (wherever it is) when I find it/go there (never).Also I couldn't help thinking of Dynasty while watching it, probably because of the red seats and very understated light fixtures. It seems like if the cast found themselves in Leningrad (unlikely), this is where they would hang.  So running with the extremely cohesive theme of fading soviet glamor, Dynasty, and spring, voila. 


Flash of Foliage dress- modcloth

Endless Dawn dress- modcloth

Follow your Gleam dress- modcloth

Salutations and Closings heel- Anthropologie
Pot of Gold heel- modcloth

Alabaster Peacock earrings- Anthropologie
Aged Leaf ring- Anthropologie



Corsage Bouquet Broaches (in m' hair)- Anthropologie










and so ends the coherent ramblings of someone who is avoiding accomplishing anything relevant.
ahh-thankyou
-b



No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your Thoughts

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Followers