Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

How to Hang a Warhol

So as it is 3a.m, the coveted blogging time, I shall blog. Sure if I am up this late/early I should probably be utilizing this time to focus on some pressing issues, like those 3 interviews I need to schedule/complete by next week, or finding out/deciding where I am living/going to school next year, contemplating my singledom (yes, this has become an issue I would define as 'pressing') and last but not least catching up on the recent wins of Carlos Estevez. This blog just got relevent y'all. But I shan't because at 3 am...or 12 pm or 8pm.. I am adverse to things that matter. This means watching MTV and contemplating what brand of toothpaste I should call the colour of my nail polish (they are toothpaste hued) I am leaning towards Colgate because it seems kinda of neglected in dental hygiene world....so welcome to the nail enamel world? I guess it really is 3am.I decided maybe I should do some fashion inspiration or something...make this post at least visually appealing as it quite obviously isn't so mentally stimulating.

And so I present to you Binki Shapiro, one third of the Brazilian-American folk group Little Joy. I chose Binki, not only because she too has a great name but because I myself have been takin' quite a few ques from the Binks. She has an annoyingly casual style(irritating because she still looks good) and has a great mix of menswear and feminine pieces. She, like me, seems to be a "say something" hat person, a good enough basis for me to prove perhaps we are soul sisters.

Binki in ELLE magazine (2010)

Try and tell me this picture doesn't tempt you to drop whatever you are doing right now and go purchase a pair of suspenders 

Red bow in my hair right now.srsly.


Binki with fellow Little Joy member and boyfriend, Fabrizio Moretti,in ELLE (2010)

May I join this relationship please?
Performing with Little Joy...probably in LA

In NY
Also Little Joy is a super fab(rizio) band & everyone should czech them...expect not because I want them to remain little...but for the greater good, meaning your greater good. You may also come across Binki in some Beck tunes and being adorable Devendra Banhart videos.

If you are still unclear of who the real Binki Shapiro is, if you feel her style mix&matches are far too complex and difficult to comprehend, Oogum Boogum by Brenton Wood is here to be an aural aid. She mentioned in an interview this sweet jam is the aural expression of her style...so listen to that song...if you don't understand...or just want to listen to it...because its a really good song.


Last point* Listen to the band/guy Giant Hands if you dig yourself some folk tunez
Alright then...bye....



M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your Thoughts

Blog Archive

My Blog List

Followers